Sunday 28 August 2011

Warning - contains scenes of a sexual nature!

Had a brilliant day yesterday at AFHT taking a workshop with the super talented Kate Crane. It was a full class and I met some blogging friends, so it was nice to put names to faces.

This is the first page we did...


Background is created with Dyulsion paints, we gessoed through some stencils, then put on some gorgeous layers of Dylusion inks.  A Stampotique image with acetate bee wings from Jo Capper-Sandons bee stamp, bit of doodling and finishing off.

My second page took on a different theme from everyone else's.  It was inspired by the lovely Christine (who has a blog but rarely does blog).  You see she always wears rubber gloves when using inks and sprays and we were having a bit of banter and she got hold of the top of her gloves and snapped them, well the conversation degenerated after that so much so that I can't repeat it, but you'll get the theme when I show you my next page, but you've been warned, do not carry on reading if you are easily offended.....


Thanks Kate and to all who were there, I had a great day.

Enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday weekend.

19 comments:

  1. Truly AMAZING pages ♥ I am lucky enough to have seen them IRL! What an amazing day. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pages, love the inky backgrounds nd the layers of ink/paint, very effective. Glad you enjoyed your day. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent - I LOVE gesso! Sounds as if you had a lot of tongue in cheek fun there - bet it did you good. Great pages :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree it was an excellent day and a lot of fun. Fantastic pages, love them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. you lucky lucky girl again........ at least I have kates dvds to inspire me, x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha ha! You naughty lot are leading me astray! Tsk tsk! Your pages look super - fab and it's always lovely to see you :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very envious of you being so close to AFTH Ann. looks like you had a very productive day. love the colours you have used. they combine so well. the bondage page is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a fab fun time! Love your journal pages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sound like a great time was had by one and all. Your pages are wonderful the colours are fabulous. Love Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous day! Love your finished pages too they are ace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like fabulous fun! Terrific pages!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous pages Ann.....love your wit on the bondage one! Wish I could have been there :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun! These are both fabulous, and I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ann, what great pages :-) It was lovely to meet you on Saturday, I am so sorry we didn't get chance to chat...hopefully next time?? S xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous pages Ann, I so love the way you've got such distinct patches of colour! And love the humour behind the second page lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. fabby pages Ann.... sometimes you have to be 'out there'..... take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You certainly have this journal page skill down to a fine art !!! Superb!!! Love the use of the Bee wings too :0) Wish I could have been at the class.
    (and the second one really made me smile...I used to own a shop where I sold 'alternative' clothing that I made, nudge nudge lol and your friend on that page would have been a regular customer by the looks of her dress sense)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your journal pages. Especially the backgrounds, these are so colourful and bright, but not predominant. It's just in perfect balance.

    I had a little (inside) laught about the warning. That wasn't for real, was It? If it was...: I think here in the Netherlands we are a littlebit more used to "shokking" things. ;-)

    xx Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  19. PS love the angel at the forst page

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message, I really appreciate you taking the time and love reading them.