Tuesday 4 May 2010

Other half's birthday card

It's Maurice's birthday in a few days and as we're off to our daughters for a visit, and to see our granddaughters, yeah, I thought I'd better get the card done as I need to take it with me.  I think mens cards are always the most difficult ones to make.  
I decided to get the melt pot out and have a play with beeswax.  I printed off a page of the old Times which I posted a few days ago and inked with DI tea dye.  I then put a layer of beeswax over the top, stamped the hand onto tissue paper, put it in the beeswax then onto background, did the same with the sealed with a fish stamp and a Crafty Individual image.  Stamped and triple embossed a T!m clock, added hands, a cherish metal tag and 4 brads which I hammered with T!m's hammer.  The sentiment was computer generated and again popped into beeswax and applied to background.  Enjoyed messing around but took ages to clean up all the beeswax, but on the plus side, my cuticles and nails are in good condition now, lol.  Right the competition is.........how old is my husband?

14 comments:

  1. Errr...might he be 66? hehehehe! Happy Birthday Maurice - enjoy your break at Rachels.
    Your card is fantabidozi Ann...and its a great man card - you've got some real masculine stuff going on and I love the 'sealed with a fish' sentiment! x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rte 66? Fab job on this one. Love all the T!m stuff. And the hand w/the beeswax---brillant. Love the entire thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, it looks great. I need to have a go at beeswax. Hmmm let's think. Could your DH be 66 I wonder?! Hope he has a lovely time with the granddaughters. They'll make him feel young(er) I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Maurice must be 66 hope he has a good birthday and both enjoy your weekend with Gd's.
    The card is great by the way i hope he appreciates the work you put into it. Love the sealed with a fish what make stamp is that?
    Won't be at the Craft Den tomorrow night, pressure of work.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Ann it's lovely - I always find male cards the hardest as well - they just don't appreciate the flowers and the bling LOL! Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the work you put into your cards. This one is brill, and I'm sure Maurice will love it. Have fun with your grandaughters. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maurice might be 66, but I'm sure he looks and feels 44!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is fabulous Ann hope Maurice appreciates all the work you have put into it!!! lol. I wonder is Maurice 66???? It's a hard one!!!! Love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is brilliant, so much going on. Sealed with a fish! :-0 lol what a wonderful message, love it, love it all, fabulous. See you later love and hugs Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent - love the 'sealed with a fish'!!! Made me laugh!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Ann, this is beautiful i love this collage piece.I am having a very special day as your gorgous metalwork hanger arrived with the postman today. Its a breathtaking piece of art and i was surprised and absolutely thrilled. I have taken a photo and will post later too. Thanks so much my dear friend, you really made my week sending such a beautiful gift
    hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Difficult the may be, but what you've done is fabulous, love the 'sealed with a fish' brilliant :)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome. I'm so glad I came by now you have a new follower!! I LOVE your work!
    Thanks for posting my giveaway on your blog. You now have 3 entries.
    Best of Luck!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message, I really appreciate you taking the time and love reading them.