Wednesday 19 August 2009

Girls, girls, girls!!!!!


We've just had a fantastic time at our daughters in rural Essex, looking after our grandchildren, 2 horses, 4, yes 4, Labradors, and 4 chickens, whilst their parents went on a jolly to France. The weather was fantastic, some friends came over at the weekend from Hampton for a BBQ, and the kids were brilliant. They did nothing but torment us, particularly my husband who had forgotten to take his swimming gear with him, so went in the pool in his knicker knockers (as they call his underpants) and the girls spent most of the time trying to pull them down. What is it that fascinates children about underpants????? Got some brill photos, but he's barred me from putting them on the blog, spoil sport.

Had to come back to reality and make a card for my friend Jim's birthday. I seem to be making boys cards all the time. Still next birthday is my granddaughter, Lucie, 9th birthday and she's requested a girly (she's not at all girly, more tomboy) tag card with her favourite photos in it.

I used Ranger distressed background, as usual, various stamps from The Artistic Stamper, Artistic Outpost, Crafty Individuals and of course T!m's, oh and of course some machine stitching.

8 comments:

  1. Another Fab card Ann! glad you have a great time with the girls sounds a fab place with all the animals xx See you later x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's really nice Ann, I need to make one for my brother and I have to do well as my sis in law has been into craft longer that I have, glad to hear you had a nice time in deepest darkest Essex,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card, I find it so difficult to do men's cards. The colours really fit the theme. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. There is nothing better than quality family time.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning card ann and i dont say that lightly mens cards are soooo difficult no flowers no sparkles lol x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound to have had a wonderful time with your girls and all the animals.
    I love your card you are so creative I don't know where you get your inspiration from or the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had lots of fun. Great card love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card is great Ann, as always. Sounds like you had a fun family time! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann this one is another superb work, i love the colouring on this piece and its fab stamping and design too
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message, I really appreciate you taking the time and love reading them.